Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Two Zero One One :: A Change Has Begun :: Best Tunes of 2011, Again...

Erp...Two months into the 2012 and this is my first post...and it relates to last year... Argh. I need to do better.

Anyway, I happened to look at my year end mix for 2011 and thought, "Jeez, what is that guy so pissed off about?" Yeah, that mix was bloated and filled with pretty universally angry stuff. I can do better.

In fact, upon reflection, I did do better.

Two Zero One One :: A Change Has Begun from jmogs on 8tracks.

It's not exactly revisionist history, but it is a do-over mix. Don't get me wrong, that mix had some of the best music of the year now passed on it. But it wasn't a very diverse look at stuff I've been enjoying. And it had some serious gaps...all of which have been addressed in the new version, which includes new and happier art too:
  1. Atlas Sound :: Te Amo
  2. TV on the Radio :: Will Do
  3. tUnE-yArDs :: The Bizness
  4. Talkdemonic :: Revival
  5. Battles :: Dominican Fade
  6. Mikal Cronin :: Apathy
  7. Thee Oh Sees :: Opposition
  8. Disappears :: Halo
  9. IceBird :: Going and Going. And Going
  10. The Roots :: Stomp
  11. Homeboy Sandman:: The Carpenter
  12. Action Bronson :: Ronnie Coleman
  13. Mariachi El Bronx :: 48 Roses
  14. White Denim :: Bess Street
  15. Wild Flag :: Endless Talk
  16. Timber Timbre :: Bad Ritual
  17. IceBird :: Wander
You can listen to the mix on the 8Tracks embed, or download it:

No comments: