Sunday, January 04, 2009

Other blog stuff...

Hey, if you haven't been clocking Switchboard lately...you have not missed much from me since I have been lazy---but I did post a few things in December:
  • I took issue with a pro-tar sand Op Ed in the Rocky Mountain News...

  • Expressed concerns over last second rule changes from the Bush Administration around the Endangered Species Act and some stupid stuff around the polar bear ESA designation. The completely humorless Pacific Legal Foundation took exception to this entry---admittedly not my best or funniest...but really...they need to get a grip. (The Fredo line is great though. I'd give them props if they would take comments on their blog...)

  • I posted some thoughts on our petition to add the whitebark pine tree to the endangered species list. Actually, this sounds dry, but there are some really fascinating elements to this. I will likely blog more on the topic later.

  • And around Thanksgiving, I wrote about the millions of dollars spent on an elite killing force that our federal government uses to take out wildlife as part of NRDC's blog storm outlining transition requests made to the Obama administration.
Holidays are over and a lot of stupid stuff went down while I was away---so plenty more here and on Switchboard.

No comments: